RETURNS & SHIPPING
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET YOUR ORDER:
- TEAR OR CUT THE PACKAGE OPEN CAREFULLY Don't be tearing it open like you're Dr. David Bruce Banner turning into the Incredible Hulk. You might need that packaging later
- DON'T TOUCH THOSE TAGS! Please step away from the scissors. Items with tags removed are not eligible for return
- TRY IT ON YOUR DOG BEFORE LETTING THEM ACTUALLY WEAR IT Dogs are covered with hair, so so much hair. They also love to roll in stuff and go zooming through some shrubberies with absolutely no warning. So when you get that sweater, quickly try it on your pup indoors (preferably with no wrestling mates or pointy things nearby). This is a small business with a small profit margin and loss due to taking back unsaleable items cuts into what I can donate
- MAKE SURE YOUR DOG IS CLEAN BEFORE TRYING THE ITEM ON Funky dog smells transfer onto natural fabrics very easily. Mud, slush, dirt and debris also do this. If it's dirty or smelly, I can't take it back
**In the rare case of a manufacturing defect, I will of course make an exception! Please take 2 clear photos of the defect--one showing where it is on the garment and one close-up-- and EMAIL US right away. I'll have the manufacturer handle replacement and, if applicable, include a prepaid label for the return.
WHAT TO DO IF IT DOESN'T FIT:
- LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY You can do this via your account on fit4apit.com or EMAIL US. Unauthorized returns will be returned to sender, so please don't send it back until it's been authorized
- IF YOU DIDN'T TEAR IT OPEN HULK-STYLE, USE THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING It doesn't matter if it becomes frankenpackage. Help me conserve and save yourself money by reusing packaging
- INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME, AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR ORDER, so I know whose item I've received. Mystery returns get put aside until mystery customer comes forward. At this juncture, I do not have time to conduct a full investigation
- REMOVE ALL DOG HAIR, INSIDE & OUT. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. DO NOT SEND HAIR TO ME! We have more than enough dog hair around here already. If you don't have a lint roller, a piece of tape or velour-type lint brush works well. Almost everything that happens at fit4apit.com (including lint rolling) is accomplished by one person who works long hours, 365 days a year. Please don't make me lint roll your sweater and vacuum. I hate vacuuming! If it has dog hair on it, I'll be sending it back to you
- DON'T SEND ME SMELLY ITEMS If you or someone you live with smokes, stash the return in a smoke-free area until it goes to the post office! If you have heavily scented candles, air fresheners, oils or burn incense, put the return in a zip loc bag or other airtight bag. Please don't try and cover smells by using Febreze or washing the garment. I will know. Smelly items will just be returned to sender, no exceptions. Please be considerate!
- IF THE ITEM HAS VELCRO, BE SURE TO FASTEN IT COMPLETELY BEFORE REPACKAGING! Leaving velcro unfastened will cause the garment to become damaged during shipping. If the"male" side of velcro brushes against the surface of the garment repeatedly during transit, it causes deep picks and can even cause micro-tears. Once re-fastened, velcro won't come undone unless you pull both sides with your hands, it doesn't come unfastened during shipping, so I don't accept that as an explanation for damage and the item will be returned to you. Again, please be considerate!
- I DON'T PROVIDE RETURN LABELS FOR SIZE MISTAKES This is because I've put so many safeguards in place to catch sizing errors, I honestly don't know how I could make it anymore fool proof. There are diagrams, instructions, a how-to-measure-your-dog video, measurements for each item right there on the item's page, size chart in the item's thumbnail images and an actual printable tape measure, just in case you don't own one. In the case that all of the above safeguards failed, I have a weight check field on each product page, so I can catch any glaring sizing errors that might have slipped through. If the weight-to-size-ordered ratio looks out of whack, I email customers to get confirmation of measurements before shipping! I'm bending over backwards to make it easy to find the right size and I'm always here to answer any sizing questions. For these reasons, I don't provide prepaid labels unless the mistake is mine. If you find this off-putting, please understand that this is a nano-size, family-owned business. I don't get volume shipping discounts and I pay more for shipping than what I charge you for flat rate. Not even mega-retailers pay for return shipping. Please be honest and kind!
- USPS FIRST CLASS IS BEST It's cheap and is just as fast as Priority. You can print a label at the kiosk in any USPS lobby and it takes about 1 minute (stamps.com doesn't give you a First Class option, another reason why the kiosk is best)
- EVERYTHING SHIPS BACK TO ME Unless there's a manufacturing defect and I've advised you to send to another address, send everything to the address below. Be sure to include your name. Once your return has been authorized by me and the item is packaged up and ready to go, send to:
Fit for a Pit
P.O. Box 3466
Kinston, NC 28502
IT NEEDS TO BE BACK HERE WITHIN 14 DAYS FROM THE DAY YOU RECEIVED IT Don't throw it in your car and forget about it. Many items are seasonal and stock is always changing, so you may find the size you need is out of stock. So the faster it gets back here, the more likely you are to get the next size up or down.
Once the package has been received and inspected, I'll issue a refund. Our credit card processor has an auto-refund feature, so all refunds go back to the original form of payment. Although I handle refunds promptly, it's up to your bank after that. Some banks take longer than others but you should see it in your pending transactions within 1-2 business days (most retailers like to say "you'll see the refund within 1-2 billing cycles, but I've never actually seen a refund take that long for anyone, ever).
And just in case you missed all the info above:
HAIRY, DIRTY, SMELLY, DAMAGED, CLEARLY WORN AND/OR ITEMS MISSING A TAG OR MANUFACTURER'S PACKAGING WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER. Please see above for details
Original shipping charges are not refundable unless otherwise noted. If you have created an account on fit4apit.com and would prefer a store credit, I can refund the item to your account. The next time you order, make sure you are logged in first and the credit can be used during checkout!
TOYS & SPORTS EQUIPMENT:
If you are purchasing toys or sports equipment, please read the item description! I describe the strength of all chews and toys and always advise you to purchase the correct size for your dog (large mouth=larger toy). If you feel that the toy is defective, please email a photo and description, as it may be covered by manufacturer's warranty. Items that have damage due to the toy being the wrong size for your dog or misuse (i.e., a flirt pole that was used as a chew toy) are not eligible for return.
Used flirt poles and tugs are not eligible for return. Not all dogs will go after a lure or pull on a tug toy right away and may need to be trained first to enjoy them (yes this is possible and works most of the time!) If your dog isn't appearing to be interested in the toy, shoot me a message and I'll send over some video links that will get you on track to successful interactive play.
Remember, I'm here to HELP, so if you have any questions about a product or need advice, guidance, etc, please EMAIL US! I'm happy to help make sure you get the perfect items for your dog and learn how to properly introduce them, so you won't have the hassle of a return!
DOG BEDS, LINERS & COVERS:
Beds and bedding are not returnable unless defective. If you encounter a defect, email photos and we will notify the manufacturer, who will then send a replacement or a label for the defective item to be sent back for inspection.
SUPPLEMENTS, GROOMING PRODUCTS, BOOKS, DVDs & TREATS
As long as they're not open, you can return within 14 days for refund
CUSTOM ITEMS AND SPECIAL ORDERS
ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN . Unless defective, any item that described as custom-made (ex: the Teca Tu Vestido Coat), or special order (ex: a size, color or style that I don't normally carry) is not eligible for return. This includes logo merchandise, as these are all made to order. If you need help selecting a size, or need more info about fit, fabric, care, etc., feel free to reach out! We're here to help make sure customers get the right fit!
ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO MEASURE AND SELECT THE RIGHT SIZE!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU RECEIVE A DAMAGED PACKAGE: please leave all packaging intact and EMAIL US. We'll need to submit clear photos of the packaging and/or damaged item(s) to USPS, or the actual packaging and items, so don't forget to send us the damaged mailer or box. If your item(s) is in stock, we'll send a replacement right away, or we'll refund you for it
WHAT TO DO IF TRACKING REFLECTS THAT YOUR PACKAGE MIGHT BE LOST: In most cases, USPS is fairly efficient. Most First Class or Priority orders arrive 3-4 business days after being shipped . However, if your order seems to be taking longer than that, please check the tracking info before contacting me. If it appears to still be headed your way, please give it a few days and check again. Weather patterns and natural disasters in other areas can affect transit time for the entire country. During or after these events, many shipments are re-routed through different hubs to avoid longer delays, so you may see your package circling back towards you to be processed through another hub to be sent back out on a different route. Usually, things get where they need to go and everyone is happy. If it's looking unlikely that the item will get to you, you can call USPS and have them put a tracer on the shipment, which sometimes reveals more information.
Please understand that even as a retailer, I'm not given access to additional info. I click a tracking link and look at usps.com, just like you do. So what you see is what I see. 1-800-ASK-USPS may have additional tracking information and they are the ones who put tracers on missing shipments. Once it leaves here, I no longer have any control over how fast it moves. I can't keep daily tabs on where every package is at all times, so if yours is taking longer than normal, it's likely that I'm totally unaware of this... so when if you email me about a lost package, please be kind!
WHAT TO DO IF TRACKING INFO SAYS "DELIVERED" BUT YOU NEVER RECEIVED IT Items scanned in as "delivered" by USPS aren't lost and therefore are not eligible for refund, replacement or insurance claims. Check and make sure the address you used on your order was correct. If the address was wrong, you can try to retrieve the package from whomever accepted it at the other address, or ask your mail carrier to try and retrieve it for you.
If the address matches up, and you haven't received it within 24 hours of the item being scanned as "delivered", it was more than likely stolen from your property.
As modern humans, we all have to constantly shift our processes to meet what's happening in the world around us. Sadly, package theft is happening. And thieves now drive to nice neighborhoods and remote areas to steal mail.
SO if you live in an area with known package theft issues, in a building with a common mail area, have an unsecured mailbox or your mail carrier leaves packages on a deck, porch or stoop, PLEASE PROVIDE AN ALTERNATE, MORE SECURE SHIPPING ADDRESS. Have it delivered to your work address, a P.O. Box, a friend or family member's home with locking mailbox.
Fit for a Pit is not responsible for replacing or refunding items marked as "delivered" and USPS will not pay an insurance claims on a delivered package
Thank you for understanding and abiding by my return policy! I make every effort to prevent returns from happening in the first place, so hopefully you'll never need to read this again!
Founder, Owner & Operator of fit4apit.com