These amazing recovery garments have helped our dogs through multiple surgeries! The particularly ingenious Forearm & Shoulder Protective Sleeve is our favorite low-stress, comfortable alternative to a traditional e-collar. Specifically designed for recovery from surgeries and injuries of the front limbs, these 100% cotton jersey garments are lightweight and breathable, allowing wounds & incisions to heal. Also perfect for protecting skin irritation from hot spots, infections or burns.
Sleeves can be used along with bandages, greatly reducing the need to change wound dressings that have become soiled by dirt and/or debris. Because of the breathable weave of the cotton jersey, sleeves may even be used in place of a bandage, as they allow airflow to the wound (necessary for healthy incision healing). Only 100% Global Organic Textile Standards-Certified organic cotton and dyes are used to make these garments, so they are free of toxins and other chemicals that can be harmful to wounds.
**For dogs who are crated while human is at work, we recommend beginning recovery with a sleeve along with a traditional e-collar. As your dog heals, "graduate" him or her to a sleeve along with a Zen Cone or ZenCollar allowing freedom from the collar only when you're able to supervise closely. All dogs are individuals! While uncommon, some may attempt to lick or nibble through the fabric, so testing this out while you can supervise closely is key to a successful, speedy recovery.
- Interchangeable for either front leg
- Breathable, hypoallergenic fabric
- Supportive strip across the top prevents bunching & helps keep the sleeve in place
- Secured by tying two sets of strings: one set ties across the chest and the second set ties behind the front leg
- Soft and stretchable leg cuffs can be rolled up for shorter legs
- Reflective material at the top of the sleeve for high visibility at night
- Machine washable
SIZING INFORMATIONL is 12.5-15.5" L, 21-26" girth. XL is 15.5-17.5"L, 26-30" girth. XXL is 17.5"& up, 30" girth & up